50hp Johnson fuel filter problem

jjbine

Cadet
Went to change the fuel filter and the hose to the arrow end of the filter popped out. I believe this goes to the fuel dump, but for the life of me can't see where to insert the hose. The end of the hose had a rubber o-ring so I think it just pops in.
Any help would be much appreciated. Here is a picture. It is the hose on the bottom of the filter. Thanks Jim
Tee

Attachments

• photo244803.jpeg
    photo244803.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 0

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
So, filter has two ends. One end has hose coming from cowl connection. Other end goes to fuel in on vro. If you found an o ring on it with out a fitting also you have an issue. The o ring goes into the vro with the fitting, usually a straight one sometimes an elbow, there should be a little metal collar that holds it to the pump with torx head screws.

Do NOT run on any gas except for premix till you figure it out.

Picture and arrow were not conclusive.

jjbine

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. The red arrow Can be ignored as it used to id another issue.

So...the hose has a plastic insert in the hose with a o-ring. So I need to find the VRO connection for the hose? I think it is buried. Thanks jim

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yep it's buried. That goes into the middle hole in the bottom of the vro. You will find that your torx head screws striped out of the plastic. There also should be a little metal retaining collar. If you were my customer I'd sell you a vro if that's the case.