any experience with ordering parts from this place ?

orlandoclippertim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking for various parts for 55-57 johnson/evinrude 25 hp (rd-17xx) ------
I see some at a place called "boat parts LLC" aka vintageboatparts.com
I dont see any physical adress --- No idea if they have what they show - or if they send it after you pay.....
Does anyone have any experience with this place---- good or bad..... dont want to send maney into a "black-hole" on the web......
Thank you for any responses and guidance.....
Tim

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Have no experience with the site in question, but it looks promising. They have (had) a couple of Lauson parts I'm looking for--but they've been sold. I'll bet if you post your question on the Antique Outboard Club's website, somebody there will know who it is. While you are there, post a want ad for the parts you are looking for.
www.aomci.org
BTW, vintageoutboard.com is a different outfit and well known.

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
Sharp eyes F.R. ... read that one to fast for my left eye ! thanks for pointing that out

orlandoclippertim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you FR- I had not see vintageoutboard-- but I will check them out ! perhaps I will e-mail the vintageboatparts and see if they still have
the part in question..... I am not an AOMCI member but I probably need to be ! i have been to a couple of their local meets.....
Thanks for the help- I will explore these .....
I have about 4 similar motors and hope to bet 2 running or restored so I can run a pair on the clipper. One is the 30 HP maroon one
with the expensive cover plate (which is missing.... )
Thanks -Tim

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
Depending on what parts exactly.... take a look at the fat Sierra "marine" catalog The AOMCI classified adds is open to members or not and you may want to post a want ad... just respect the ad title format described on top