58 35hp wiring diagram

DT35

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1958 super seahorse 35 hp so I can check the electric start wiring. It will not work and I'm trying to make sure the wiring is correct.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
No Title

Here ya go---

Attachments

• photo223679.jpg
    photo223679.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1

DT35

Seaman Apprentice
That's great thanks. Any idea on part numbers for a new ignition switch and solenoid for this model? Needs to be completely rewired from scratch.

DT35

Seaman Apprentice
Long story short this whole ignition system has to be rewired. The wires are trashed. If there is an easier way to do this without the control box I'm all ears. Otherwise I will try to find out how to rewire this 1 at a time.

lindy46

Captain
Well, you could install the solenoid in the lower pan and install push-button start and kill switches through the pan also, or run the switches up to the boat dashboard. Nothing sacred about the junction box - it just makes things easier with an electric start/electric choke motor with a plug for the electricals. Don't you have the junction box?

Solenoid is part # 378444
Ignition switch kit is 386545

Last edited:

DT35

Seaman Apprentice
I do. I am now noticing that i do not have the electric choke. so the blue, yellow and brown wire are useless to me... and explain why they are all hanging in the pan not attached. Parts are ordered so I may just bypass the plug all together on both ends. There are no fuses I should know about is there?