1991 70hp johnson running out of fuel at high rpm

thagan03

Cadet
when on plane and at high rpm the motor will run a few hundred yards then start to bog like its not getting fuel. pump the ball a few times and its fine for another couple hundred yards. has a new ball and new fuel lines, also a new fuel pump, motor ran fine and then started doing this, was wondering if it was the fuel filter maybe or if there is any other things I should check

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Agree with above. What kind of pump did you install. Are all the clamps tight. What kind of clamps. Does the ball go flat when it's running. Did you replace the filter.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Compression test needs to be done.-And it is possible it is overheating.----Has waterpump been looked at.-------Was the old fuel pump actually defective ?------Has pulse limiter been looked at ?

thagan03

Cadet
pulse works, good compression, not overheating, old fuel pump was fine. its a fuel issue

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
What kind of fuel pump and clamps for the hoses. Why was the old fuel pump replaced

James R

Commander
If the old pump was fine put it back and try again. Could be a problem with the new pump.

thagan03

Cadet
I replaced fuel pump because I thought it was bad it had a vro pump but the oil injection was disconnected I just put a regular pump on it and turned out I had water In my fuel. The motor ran fine for about 6 times out then we ran to a fuel spots and then it just randomly started this