4 hp johnson

Skypirate

Seaman Apprentice
Got a 4hp long shaft(20") pull start remote tank, tiller,

My question : did / do these little motors have an. Electrical system? My guess is no,
Model#JHRDHEIA
Ser# B0880 6462

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I haven't tried to look up that model number because even if it does have a charger it would not meet your goal. It would put out only a few Amps, nowhere near enough to make up for what your trolling motor consumes. You would have to run the gas motor many hours to make up for a short use of the troller.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
why would you want to charge a battery for an electric motor when a 4hp is great for trolling .......silence ? back-up ? smell ? local water restrictions ?

at he cost of a good deep cycle marine battery you can buy enough gas to troll for quite a few seasons with a 4hp

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Got a 4hp long shaft(20") pull start remote tank, tiller,

My question : did / do these little motors have an. Electrical system? My guess is no,
Model#JHRDHEIA
Ser# B0880 6462

Not sure you have the model number correct

J4RDHEIA for a standard shaft model, J4RDHLEIA for a long shaft model.

An AC lighting kit part number 0584059 and a battery charging kit part number 0175277 were available for the deluxe 4 hp models

sutor623

Rear Admiral
As these guys have said, this would be nearly impossible.

Heck, even the large (35-50amp) engines can barely charge a trolling motor battery in addition to the starting battery. They have alternator chargers that hook up to the larger motors and charge up your trolling system as well as your starting battery.

A 15 amp per bank alternator charging system takes 3-5 hours of running time to recharge each 12v battery, 10 amp is 4-6 hours, and 5 amp per bank is 10-12 hour recovery time!!!

Skypirate

Seaman Apprentice
This one says delux on it, cane off a buddy's sail boat, river fishing the current is pretty mild on the flat areas i fish, so using the gas motor is a bit a pain in the back side to just move a couple feet, so I have the electric trolling motor on the bow, it wouldnt be to completely charge that batteries but figured if the gas motor is running it might as well be multi tasking and giving the trolling motor battery's a little charge seems like a good deal :) thanks for the info on the lighting coil and charging kit, I will have to check that out

Skypirate

Seaman Apprentice
I didnt see any plug or spare wires under the hood so Im going to guess it doesnt have a coil now