1975 evinrude 115 115593 service manual

jammer777

Seaman
hey guys quick question the service manual for this old engine, are there two different manuals? i bought one that does have some specifics, i dont have it with me to take a picture, but it looks like and someone correct me if im wrong but it looks like you can buy a service manual that has the actual engine tear down processes etc, and a less specific one almost like an owners manual, is that correct? i see two different prices for these manuals, one seems to be slightly less than the others, is there a separate owners one and a separate service one more specifically geared towards tearing down the thing and rebuilding the engine?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
An owners manual tells you how to mount, start, run, and care for your motor. A service manual assumes you already know that basic stuff and want to know how to take it apart and fix it.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
The owner's manual is a small 4" X 6" type brochure. Maybe 50 pages. The service manual is about 8" X 11" and is 1/2" thick. This is the repair manual that has all the pictures and explanation of all types of repairs to the engine.

spirtS niggeB

Seaman Apprentice
51UmBfSgzxL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
This is what mine looks like.

jammer777

Seaman
This is the one i have but it doesnt seem very detailed, not as detailed as i would think that it should be

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 1

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Don't waste your time on any of these generic service manuals. Go for a factory original only. The factory one covers just one specific product line, so it goes into much more detail. Check out the factory service manual website: outboardbooks.com

interalian

Commander
The only thing non-factory manuals are good for is they may contain some 'silo' knowledge about certain weaknesses they've discovered about a particular motor. Certainly the case with auto manuals from Haynes or Bentley. Clymer never had much of a reputation for quality though.