1987 110 evinrude correct wire hook up from power pack to coils.

PAULWI

Cadet
Yes this me with spark problems ok put things back together Seloc book calls for the orange and blue wire connected to #3 and #4 coils and solid orange wire connected to #1 and #2 coils is this correct. Reference being that #1 cylinder is top on starboard side. What makes me question is I sheared the key way while attempting to start engine, it did sort of start then died was kicking back.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
No--The sky is blue---That is why blue goes to the top 2 coils---------As in # 1 and 2.

Fed

Commander
Did you remove the flywheel to change the rectifier from your other thread?

We never did find out what motor you have re 6A 9A stator and/or regulator or not.

PAULWI

Cadet
Yes I changed the rectifier and all checked good was in process of getting it to run may not have fully set the flywheel and sheared the key way process of ordering 2 each keyways. Thanks for all the help with the problem. Part number on stator 583671 not sure if that that is 6 or 9 amp. You guys on the forum are life savors. The rectifier had hole in bottom allowing water to get in.

Fed

Commander
The flywheel must be torqued down to the correct amount. I think yours is 100-105 FT LBS but check it.
The flat face of the key must be installed parallel to the centreline of the crankshaft.
By the book, coat the threads of the nut with OMC gasket sealing compound before reinstalling.
Only use a genuine OMC key.