red knob-leak in livewell

billy sharp

Seaman Apprentice
Two questions-- I have a 1991 evinrude 60 horse and was having a big problem getting the motor to idle longer than a few seconds- at speed it ran great--today I found a red triangle shape knob (standing at back of engine the knob will be on your right side) and turned it up and the idle straighten out and ran for a half hour or so great and started 4-5 times at first try. Can some one tell me what that knob is, I suspect a lean mixture or something Two, I have a leak in my live well inlet line down close to the water well but do not see any way to change hose based on my boat--it is a 91 bass tracker pro 17-any one have this problem before

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
The red triangle lever is on the primer it is used for manual operation. When it is facing down the primer is in manual mode it just lets gas through unchecked, same as running with the choke on. When you turned it up you stopped using it manually and will now only work with the key like its supposed to. As far as the live well can't help you sorry

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
The red lever/knob MUST be parallel to the cylinder of the solenoid for normal operation. If you need to run it with the knob turned away from parallel, you've got a fuel issue going on.