2004 Johnson 175HP 2 stroke outboard what size fuel lines/oil lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrain

Banned
1.I want tp replace both fuel and oil injections lines can a fuel line be used for oil injection? also what size are both the lines?
3/8 or 5/16
Thanks TB

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gas lines should be 3/8" ID. There is a specific SAE rating for outboard fuel lines, that you will want. Not sure about oil lines.

thebrain

Banned
so the stuff from Hong Kong can't be used?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-3-...mtr&rmvSB=true

when I search e-bay for oil injection line fuel line comes up? maybe they are the same I think the bulb on the oil line is a tad smaller.

edit I've allways premixed w/ a oil injection sys. must it be primed build preasure w/ bulb like fuel line?

Thanks TB

Last edited:

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
The oil injection line needs to be bled and primed. So pump the oil injection primer until all the air is out. Now connect the oil line to the OMS pump and pump the oil primer bulb once. Now note the oil level in the reservoir and run the motor on 50::1 PREMIX, until you verify it is pulling oil from the reservoir.

thebrain

Banned
excellent advice
what do you think about the Hong Kong lines?
guess I'll have to cut a small section of the oil line and mearsure. How to remove controls from donor boat?
I?d like to know the easy way to remove the control gear shift, throttle cable, hydrolic steering sys. From the bass boat then install on the Starcraft.
Thanks for any tips TB

Thanks

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
The Hong Kong stuff is junk and likely does not meet USCG type A1 or B1 reg's

Last edited:

thebrain

Banned
yes but isn't everything made in the far east nowadays Thanks I'll look for USCG type A1 or B1 reg's TB

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Just go to a auto repair house and buy the 3/8 fuel injection hose and a OEM primer bulb...

Status
Not open for further replies.