Pinion Thrust Bearing shim guage

pontoonerdon

Recruit
I am rebuilding the gear case from my 1989 90 HP Evinrude model # TE90TLCEM. I would like to know the dimension of the part # 315767 gauge if any one has it. Also, is it necessary, I am only replacing the thrust bearing and pinion and forward and reverse gears, along with the thrust bearings on them. I am not changing the upper drive shaft bearing housing. I read that using the original thrust shims works fine. Thanks for any info.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Yes , it is necessary to reshim if you are replacing the pinion gear.---Find a shop with a gauge.----Will only take them minutes to determine the shims required.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Member SCHEMATIC should have this spec, I think he made a set.

pontoonerdon

Recruit
Thanks racerone and clanton. I'm new here, how do I get ahold of SCHEMATIC to see if he would share this spec. I've been all over the web searching for the proper gauge, but can't find it any where. Any more help would be appreciated

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I believe I have that part # gauge.-----4 feet of snow blocking my way to the workshop at the moment.----Maybe sometime next week I might post the dimension.

pontoonerdon

Recruit
Wow racerone that sounds like a mess, I feel for ya our snow is almost gone. I'd appreciate the spec, Thank You