I have a 1995 175 fast strike and looking for some help!

hopp49

Recruit
I have turned my timing up to 25 thousands and getting better but acts like running out of air or fuel one or the other! I was wondering if someone could give me some spects on opening the air jets and the fuel jets, id like to set timing at about 32 thousands so she can be all she can be to push a winner legend which is a heavy boat but got to love the ride! And I know I'm going to be pushing the limit of what the motor will do but if it blows ill back it down and rebuild and go again! I have alreadt drilled my lower unit to let some exaust escape so as to not burn out my prop hub! Any help with my goal would be appreciated! THX MIKE

jbcurt00

Staff member
Mike
You'll likely get more help in the Johnson OB forum, so I've moved this topic there.

Please dont post in inactive topics or ask questions about your motor in other members topics, ask them here in a topic about YOUR motor. I closed the other topic you asked this question in. Thanks

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Adjusting the timing this way may lead to total failure of the motor.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Put it all back like it should be and figure out the original problem. Drilling the exhaust wont help the prop hub, you drill the torque tab passage in the housing.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
You don't actually describe any problem.
If you are just trying to "outsmart" the original engineers and get a fraction more performance from your 175 HP, my suggestion would be to buy a 225 HP.

hopp49

Recruit
Thank you for the comments and wish I could tell the guy I posted on I'm sorry I'm new to here and didn't know the difference or how too!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dont worry about it much, it wasnt meant to be punative, just a request.