72 100 HP T&T Up-date for Suzuki Chopper

skyguy59

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey SC, everything is now 1972 OMC green. Had a paint shop match the color and they did a pretty good job of it. If all goes as planned I will try to put everything together next weekend. If someone will tell me how to post pics I will try to get some posted. I think for now I'm going to use a steering wheel T&T switch. I may modify the throttle handle for a trim switch later. Total invested so far including acrylic enamel paint is just under $200.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Russ In Texas

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 72 100 HP T&T Up-date for Suzuki Chopper

One way would be to use a web page if you have one. Then post the location.

mnw001

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Russ<br />I asked a qestion in your last post about the difference in length of the swivel brackets. When I measure them it seems like there is an inch or so differnce in height between ealy and late is this true. did you get your whole assemble test fitted together?<br />Thx

skyguy59

Petty Officer 3rd Class

There is not really that much difference. Or at least there wasn't on the one I used. They are shaped quite differently at the bottom and it makes it look longer. The transom mounts are longer but the bolt holes in the transom still line up. It wasn't until I took everything apart that I realized that they were almost the same. I had it all together and it would get tight when I torqued the stem nut.I ended up shaving about 1/8" off of the bottom of the later swivel bracket so that my steering stem would fit.<br /><br />Russ In Texas