1988 Evinrude cooling water discharge

codyr

Cadet
I just got this motor running after sitting for 10+ years. I rebuilt the fuel pump, water pump, and carburetor. I noticed water coming out of a couple spots and in having trouble finding whether it should be discharging there or not. The larger dime sized hole I believe is some sort of exhaust outlet. There's also two pinholes on the port side of the gear case that I'm uncertain what they are for. Other than that the motor runs great. Started up after a couple of cranks. Strong warm water coming out the **** hole with muffs and with pump submerged in bucket of water. Feel free to enlighten me with the vast knowledge of this community 😎👍🏼

Also, any recommendations on removing dried hard grease from the lube points? Doesn't look like any fun.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 0

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
If running on muffs, hold the pressure down. If running in a barrel, choose a big container -- big enough to sink the leg in water about half way, and big enough to easily circulate. Keep the hose running in the barrel.

codyr

Cadet
Thanks for the responses. Guess I'm not used to my projects going so smoothly 😎

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Thanks for the responses. Guess I'm not used to my projects going so smoothly 😎

Ain't that the truth. I am a boat guy by trade and I just built the worst looking wood port for firewood storage on the end of my shop. Not to mention the stairs I need to replace to get into the house. My father and I have been tackling these projects. Nothing like an advertising executive and a wrench pretending to be carpenters!!!