Hydro Electric Shift Switch

jholliday94

Recruit
hello everyone i'm new to the forum. I have an early 70's Larsen tri-hull with the hydro electric shift switch. I got this boat knowing that the switch was burnt out, however i had it tested and it was fine. My problem is i cant find a wiring diagram anywhere that has where each wire goes to the switch. I have searched the internet a few times and also went to a few of our local marine shops and couldnt turn up anything. thank you for your time- Josh

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

This is probably one of those questions that would be better asked in the motor area your discussing. Is it a Merc, OMC or other motor?

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If it's an OMC I think there is a sticky on the Johnny Evinrude page. If no sticky, they can answer the question pretty quick I'm sure.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Moved. Deleted the new thread in J-E outboards and that's where this is now.

You do have an outboard, right?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
In nuetral there is 12 volts to the green wire.------In reverse there is 12 volts on both the green and blue wire.----Remember that the motor must be turning / running for the oil pump to provide the oil pressure.----Even with the wrong oil in it it should still shift for test purposes.-----When the motor is stopped it will be in forward gear.

dumb tom

Cadet
Just remember. the motor WANTS to be in forward. You need to power one solenoid for Neutral, and two solenoids for reverse.