Fuel line size for a 1987 Johnson 25 HP

Flivver250

Recruit
I am out of country and trying to help my son with a repair on a new to him 1987 Johnson 25HP. I advised he replace the fuel pump and the the inlet and outlet lines on the pump. Can anyone tell me which size fuel line to buy for the inlet and outlet? I have already sent him a new tank line. Thank you. Art

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Looks like the hoses used under the cowling were nothing special, just bulk Bombardier hose. Go to their factory website: epc.brp.com. Look up your engine and search for the fuel pump page. A number of hoses are identified by number. If you go to the adjoining part number list and double click on the part number of the item, it should open up a window that shows PART INFO. If you open up the NOTES tab, you will find the Bombardier part number for the bulk hose you need for each item. Then see your dealer and he will cut some off his roll of bulk hose.

Flivver250

Recruit
Thank you emdsapmgr. I told him to pull the old ones and match it up at the parts store. As he is a novice with a wrench and screwdriver I always try to take the guesswork out of it. I like the idea of using clear fuel line from the pump to the carb. Makes future diagnosis simpler. I am an old mechanic with a full toolbox the size of Rhode Island and my son has zero interest in twisting a wrench. I may have to leave my tools to my daughters. Hoping his project StarCraft will ignite a hobbyist spark in him. Looking at the pictures here of the refurbs on the Starcraft Islanders and the like is getting me jealous, I may have to buy a project myself. My last boat was a beefy 16 foot Duranautic that was a former Coast Guard or State Police boat on lake Champlain. It was like a "Duece and a Half" with a propeller.