Need help with E-rude 130hp idle issues............

racerone

Supreme Mariner
When you understand how thing work / operate the trouble shooting is so easy !!!

RoyE

Cadet
If you are afraid the carbs aren't clean enough, you can ultrasoon clean them with the right liquid.

Did you use new carb gasket kits?

sutor623

Rear Admiral
If you are afraid the carbs aren't clean enough, you can ultrasoon clean them with the right liquid.

Did you use new carb gasket kits?

Oh yea, all new gaskets, always. In fact, if I take these jokers apart once again I will put new gaskets on them yet again.

Don't have access to an ultrasound device, unfortunately. Not sure what solvent to even use to clean up the plastic carbs. I think BRP engine tuner will be the way to go.

The one gasket that looks like a terrible design is the side cover plate and gasket. It just doesn't seem to sit very flat because of the odd positioning of the screws.

But, I did spray the heck out of the carbs with sea foam spray (petroleum based, plastic safe, supposed to clean fuel varnish) and let them soak for a while in it. Then I blew everything clean with compressed air. A LOT. I doubt the carbs are the issue. I also took off the throttle body and cleaned all the orifices in those very well. I have never cleaned up carbs and still had an issue with them. And I have done a ton of carbs in my day.

I want to rule out all other possibilities before I try and REDO these carbs.

Last edited:

RoyE

Cadet
Understood and I agree. Those carb kits aren't cheap either. First check the timing, float bowls and possible air leaks. Good luck!

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Understood and I agree. Those carb kits aren't cheap either. First check the timing, float bowls and possible air leaks. Good luck!

I know thats right!! Thanks for the help. I know you just went through a very similar issue with the same motor not long ago. Hope shes still runnin good!!

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Dudes!!!! I think I may have figured my issue out. I was double checking my link and sync, and checked my idle timing, and it was bouncing from 4 degrees to 12 degrees, back and forth. I am pretty sure that the reason my idle is finnicky is because I have a faulty quick start!!! It seems to be bouncing in and out. I am working on bypassing the quickstart and then will check timing again. Ill let ya know what I find!!