1999 Johnson 115 hp fuel issues

Gkm70526

Seaman Apprentice
I am having problems with my motor I prime the motor and it runs fine until float bowl on fuel bracket is empty. The bowl is not refilling. I replaced the cover the float and needle valve in the bowl and also tried two different tanks and two different sets of fuel lines. Still has the same problem any ideas why the bowl wont refill like it is suppose to. Thanks

Gkm70526

Seaman Apprentice
I tried another vro pump that was used but supposed to be good and still had the same results

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
What happens if you pump the primer bulb while running?
it it stays running you have a fuel delivery problem between the primer bulb and the carbs . It could be sucking air at a bad connection,bad fuel pump or something could have the pulse port obstructed .

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Did you check the vapor separator cover gasket and vapor pump? Is there an air leak at the mainstrainer under the airbox? Did you check the pulse limiter?

Gkm70526

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the help guys I took the vro pump I had and took it apart the diaphragm was stuck I took the other vro pump I had and took the parts I needed out of it and put the parts in. So far it is working I ran it for 20 minutes without a problem so hopefully that fixed my problem.

solodiver

Recruit
I have a 2000 Johnson 115. I am having fuel starvation problems. I have bypassed fuel system with external tank. Did not change problem. Rebuilt vro fuel pump ran like never before three times in tank, took it to the water and worse then ever. Would a problem with the vapor pump or separator cause this. What exactly do they both do.