1981 Johnson 70 HP Fuel Lines

PikeSully

Recruit
Could anyone post some pictures of the fuel lines running to the carbs from the fuel filter and the lines running from the choke solenoid to the carbs?

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
Go to brpweb site put in your model number and it will give you a diagram of the routing.

PikeSully

Recruit
Do you have a link to where it is on the BRP website? Having trouble locating where to input the model number.

PikeSully

Recruit
Anyone who could post some photos of their 70hp Johnson fuel lines or a link to a diagram would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
I'm unable to upload pictures from my phone but it's pretty simple from where the fuel line comes inside the compartment it will then go to the pump then from pump to a fuel log that runs vertical next to the carbs splitting off for each carb or the log will be built using fuel Lin an tees .

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Check out this website: epc.brp.com. Some of the factory fuel lines are on the fuel pump diagram, fuel distribution lines to the carbs are depicted on the intake manifold diagram. That year model had mechanically-activated choke plates in the carbs. No fuel primer hoses. Makes it a lot simpler.

PikeSully

Recruit
Thanks for the website. It helped a lot. I have what you might call a frankenjohnson. The carbs and coke system are from a 1989 motor and everything aft of the carbs comes from an '81 motor. My carbs don't have the mechanically-activated choke plates like the later models which caused some confusion when looking for diagrams. Again, thanks for the help! I'm gonna see if I can get it all routed this afternoon, but any pictures are still welcome!