Evinrude 175 bogging acts like it's not taking fuel

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
What kind of vacuum pressure should I be looking for any ideas

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
Also any thoughts on rebuilding pump versus new pump. I pre mix vro is disconnected. This pump has no oil pump on it

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
ok rebuilt fuel side today and was getting ready to fire it up when I was pumping the bulb I noticed a noise behind the vapor separator. I looked back there and fuel was fuel squirting out the back side of the flange from the cover to the float bowl. I replaced gasket on that and seems to have fixed that problem. Now when I was trying to get it cranked after all was back in place I noticed a couple little squirts of fuel spraying out of the vacuum pump assembly. I also here a little air when I pump the bulb through the carbs and have a noise coming out of one of carbs sounds kind of like honking (best way I can explain it) does it everytime I squeeze bulb. one prob right after another. I have not ran motor on water yet but I ran it on the muffs. it runs but don't know if anything is different because it would run on the muffs fine before.

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
The honking does stop after fuel system is full. Does the vapor pump need to be replaced or rebuilt?

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
Took back to water and it ran better but still bogs down after about 4000 it's almost like it loses power and then tried to catch back up but bogs again. Is my motor shot? You can let it sit there a minute and gas on it again and it will jump up on plane then die off again if you go past 4 grand. Is this a starvation problem our a flooding problem plugs look wet when I get back home

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
If you can hit the high RPMs while pumping the primer bulb manually, the motor is good mechanically. It probably makes sense to rebuild the vapor pump and make sure separator is sealing, and float and inlet needle are operating within spec.

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you can hit the high RPMs while pumping the primer bulb manually, the motor is good mechanically. It probably makes sense to rebuild the vapor pump and make sure separator is sealing, and float and inlet needle are operating within spec.

Would bad float adjustment do this? I pulled carbs and noticed all 6 were not level when you flipped the carb over. They were pointed up at a pretty good degree. If I can figure out how to put a picture on here I will

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
To rebuild vapor pump it is just the one diaphragm isn't it?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Carb floats should be parallel to carb cover, with the cover inverted, plus or minus 1/32 inch. They should all be the same.

Vapor pump has diaghram and O ring.

Vapor separator float height should be adjusted to be parallel with vapor separator cover, when cover is inverted.

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
ok so I adjusted floats today and now my motor sounds like its running worse than it was before. sounds like its loping and wanting to die. Since I changed the float levels will my idle need to be adjusted? This has me ready to pull my hair out. also do I need to do a link and sync. I did not pull throttle body just carbs. If I do need to do one can anyone tell me how. Also in regards to my motor honking as I called it I realized that it's not coming from the carb but the vacuum hose that runs to the vapor separator and connects to the air silencer why would I be getting a noise out of there. anyway thanks in advance for the help

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok so it appears there's no fuel getting to the upper carbs. You can not manually flood them and the primer does not kill engine also pumping bulb fuel only comes out of bottom port carb