1997 130 hp Evinrude power loss under load

Yukonator0993

Recruit
Recently purchased 17' boat with 97 130 Evinrude. First time I put it in the water it ran great for about 20 mins (45 mph @ 5500 rpm) then started intermittently bogging down around 3000 rpm during throttle up sequence struggling to get on plane. The power would kick in intermittently in short bursts (1 to 2 sec) then continue bogging. I have changed the plugs / wires. I had cleaned the intakes (seafoam), stabilized the fuel and thought I had the problem rectified as it ran great for about a week and now the problem is back. Compression test done and all 4 cylinders between 145-150 psi. It runs great at an idle but bogs under load. I gave in and took my boat to a marine shop where they assessed the boat stating that they believe the wiring harness was at fault sending the motor into safe mode. (VRO oil pump still functional) Wiring harness was changed, voltage regulator changed, $700 later they gave me the boat back and the first time back in the water the same thing happened. Went back to the marine shop where they insisted the motor was running right. They took it out on the water and it bogged at 3000 rpm as I had stated. They now insist that the size of the prop is the reason why the motor was bogging so they insisted on downsizing the prop and hub, now a further $400 later, barely getting 30 mph. It does not make any sense to me as when the motor was properly running with the original 33 pitch prop it would stand the boat right up and perform exceptionally. They claim the motor and carbs are working perfectly and are not the reason for the bogging at 3000 rpm. Extremely frustrated! Anyone have any other suggestions as to the source of my power loss under load or what direction I should take.

Bosunsmate

Admiral
run it until it bogs then quickly remove and inspect sparkplugs, see what ones are different from the others.
You could also run a premix fuel and unplug the vro system.
And go get some of your money back