Fuel pump conversion

Has anyone here converted a 1956 ,10 hp Johnson to single line fuel system ? Was it worth while or not worth the trouble?

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Ive done dozens of them. For the purists, they don't like it. many guys want the convenience of the single line tank though, especially if their primary motor runs on that.

Will it run any better or worse? Nope, will run exactly the same. Just depends on your preference. I personally don't mind the pressure tanks the least.

If you do the conversion, DO NOT do the method listed on some online site, by modifying the intake manifold. It does NOT supply enough pulse to run the pump on your 10hp. Either find a bypass cover from a newer 10hp, or drill and tap your existing bypass cover, install a barb, then block off the old pressure line.

Its really quite easy. IF you decide to do it let us know and we can give a more thorough description of what to do.

Thanks for the advice, when i got the motor i couldn't find the pressure tank to go with it ,so i was considering the conversion, but now that i have the tank i will stick with it.