Johnson motor hood repair

milom

Cadet
I was just finishing up winterizing my boat and knocked my motor hood off the table it was sitting on. It fell on to a concrete floor right on one of it's corners and put a nice dent in it. Is there anyway to repair this myself. I'm most worried about the paint starting to come off around the dent since the fall knocked some off already. I'm not sure what the hood is made of but the motor is a 1999 Johnson 90 hp. <br /><br />Thanks

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson motor hood repair

Dont ya just hate it when that happens??<br /><br />The hood is fiberglass so you can sand, fill and paint just like you can any fiberglass piece.<br /><br />Usually the patch looks better than the rest of the hood and so you decide to paint the whole hood. And then the hood looks better than the rest of the motor so you decide to....<br /><br />Good luck!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Oh yeah....now I remember why there's a new truck in the driveway...<br /><br />And now she says the house needs painting. And if we paint our house I'm sure my neighbor's going to be upset cause then he'll have to paint. So -- in the intrest of world peace, maybe the hood doesnt look all that bad.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

... then the boat looks kinda dull ...<br />... and the trailer ...

jy118lfd

Chief Petty Officer

So what you guys are saying is he should give me the 99 90 and take my 78 150 cause it looks ok and I dont mind the dent in the hood :D

milom

Cadet

You guys are too funny and a bad influence also (See below)<br />I thought it was fiberglass but wasn't sure. I don't mind the spot looking better than the rest of the hood, motor, boat, trailer, truck, house......... as long as it keeps any more paint from coming off.<br /><br />Thanks