Help with wiring conversion of three wire VRO to four wire

kmaum

Recruit
Hi all, I've learned a lot reading this forum and appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge. I am 99% of my way through replacing a VRO pump and can't quite figure out the electrical part. I understand everything about it, that I need to connect to the violet ignition wire, that I need to use the kit to create a one pin connector, etc. I have moved the existing three pins over already.

The one thing I cannot figure out is where I am supposed to connect to the existing violet ignition wire. I thought it was near the red Amphoral case, and I sliced open the wire cable casing right where the violet wire was supposed to be, and voila, there it was, except there were two of them (two violet wires).

This is a Johnson J70tlcdc outboard. I've looked at the wiring diagram and I get the basics, I just can't understand exactly which wire I am connecting into. I also don't understand how, if I split this out, the power gets to whatever it was feeding before.

Any help would be appreciated. I have pictures of the different wiring connections if this is not enough detail. This is my first real boat engine repair job and it's been a fun learning experience, but I'm stuck.