Johnson outboard serial number

demonjazz

Recruit
This serial number located in the core (like quarter coin) piece is the only number in this motor. I look everywhere. Nothing but this found: C3996224.
Please help me to identify the model an year of this motor. Thanks David

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner
I used to tell posters to call BRP customer service with the # but I just heard from another poster that had a real bad experience with them. Therefore no more of doing that. Try the pic trick and maybe somebody will recognize it.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I used to tell posters to call BRP customer service with the # but I just heard from another poster that had a real bad experience with them. Therefore no more of doing that. Try the pic trick and maybe somebody will recognize it.

The Johnson I recently purchased was the same way. PO had done a poor camo job on it. I was able to email them thru their web site with the number on the plug and it took a few days but I'd actually received a live phone call from them and was given all the info on it. The rep was very polite and cheerful over the phone. This experience was just a couple of weeks ago.

Try the web site route.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I figure that serial number belongs to a 1973, possibly 1974.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Newer than I thought. It was made in Canada (the "C" in the serial number). I guess that is what threw me off.