No spark on 1 cyl. would it make outboard hard to start

dazieff

Seaman Apprentice
1992 115 hp evinrude outboard motor has no spark on the #2 Cyl. it is very hard to start . Will 1 cyl. make A outboard that hard to start

dazieff

Seaman Apprentice
Hard to start on muffs. Is impossible in the lake. On muffs if I keep priming it will run have to prime till it warms up then will idle. on lake it used to start with lots of pumping now you cant get it to run no matter how much I prime. Plugs are getting lots of fuel as they are wet when I take out After

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Outline your starting procedure !!---Are you pushing the key in while cranking it over ????----Have you done a compression test?

dazieff

Seaman Apprentice
Yes it is 125 to 128 on 4 Cyl.. Turn on push key in start motor fires and kicks out starter. in lake wont stay running no matter if i pump key or not. On muffe I can keep it running as long as I push key in when it starts to die. No. 2 CYL has now spark on gap spark tester set at 3/8 inch. . The rest have lots of spark. Spark plugs are wet when I pull plugs after trying to start. Have ordered A coil and power pack from Iboats. Hope this helps

dazieff

Seaman Apprentice
Can I check timing with just muffs on motor as I have no tank