B100 1980 what's it worth

dbwfish

Recruit
This is a live and learn deal. Paid 650 bucks for an old'honda B100. Seemed to run fine. Motor looked clean.
Now I find out needs a water pump housing and the lower drive shaft is rusty pitted needs to be replaced. I'm not a mechanic obviously. So now my 650 deal turns into 1150 when fixed. Compression is solid. Should I do it? Fix it? Worth it. Feel ripped off. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx!

hondam

Petty Officer 1st Class
IMO 600-800 dollar motor. It will be worth it to fix if your going to use it, but not if your going to turn around and sell it. Last time i checked some of those lower drive shafts were NLA, might be another model i was looking at but i would be sure you can get that first before you spend any money elsewhere.

joshua27

Seaman Apprentice
I just replaced the water impeller and housing on my 82 b100. It's insanely simple to do. All you need is a 10mm metric socket a wobble and an extension. I have a copy of the service manual I can send you or if you're close enough I will do it for you for far less than 500 bucks.

joshua27

Seaman Apprentice
Also the driveshaft could be bought off eBay for not a lot of money. It's easy to replace as well.