1995 Nissan 4 hp DT4

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Is the small mesh interior filter located inside fuel **** immaculate clean ? If not clean will give bad performance or be difficult to start. You should not throttle engine that much while at neutral or at gear because the engine is running with high rpm without a load, that's pushing a boat. My engine develops strange sounds while doing same.

Does the sounds you deslike dissapears when engine is pushing a boat at any throttle range ? If not, proabably a loose or out of adjustment compenent under rope start mechanism, remove assy and check.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Bullie

Petty Officer 1st Class
If there is a fuel **** on this motor I have not seen it. I will look again. The motor revs that high when you crank it with the choke on. The choke also advances the throttle a little bit. I will take the starter off and take a look.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
To see small filter must remove ****'s metal ring, the one that holds **** to tank's lower fuel tube by menas of a screw. Unscrew all the way, twist to both sides of **** and gently pull straight down, will see this vertical small mesh filter, fully clean it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush.

Clean also the outter tank's tube interior and tank's interior same. With lever at open position blow some air with mouth while at inverted position to know that mesh filter is clean and delivering good air flow from hose to tank.

Don't try to disassemble fuel **** by removing middle nut, if rusted inside will break plastic lever when attempting doing so, will need to buy a new fuel ****.

Happy Boating

Bullie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Your response would have made more sense to me had I described the correct motor to you. It is actually a Suzuki DT4 not a Nissan. The fuel line goes directly from the internal tank to the fuel pump. No fuel ****...

I said Suzuki in the video...but, posted it in the wrong forum by mistake.

Last edited: