Connect Honda B100 to main fuel tank?

GM165

Seaman Apprentice
I've got a Honda 10hp kicker and would like to plumb the fuel line from the main tank. Is there any issues doing this? Is the fuel pump strong enough to pull fuel in this fashion? Fuel tank is in the floor mid deck so it isn't much farther then with the remote tank. I figure a T and hard line to the motor and fuel line to the kicker.

Thanks

hondam

Petty Officer 1st Class
A standard T is not recommended. Without check valves the engines can draw air from each other. Need either a separate pick up in the tank, a 3 way valve, or either a t with check valves or a fuel water separator with multiple outlets with check valves( not standard nipples).

There a lot of people that get away with using just regular Ts but it's not the right way to do it.

pvanv

Admiral
Or just use a T and feed the kicker with a primer hose, which has a check valve in it. Of course this T (or water separator with twin outlets) needs to be on the tank side of the main motor's primer bulb. That way, both motors have their own check valve.

GM165

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks.

I could use the current hose but would have to figure out a check valve for the main motor. Good info.