Nissan 30hp no harness for remote control

tk718

Recruit
Looking for some help. I have a 2004 Nissan 30hp Nsf30A. serial # 005797XD I would like to convert to remote steering , however i do not see anywhere a harness from the engine side to connect to remote control box. Can anyone suggest a way to connect to remote control box without the harness. Thanks

pvanv

Admiral
Assuming yours is a tiller/electric, right? Do you have the correct RC box? Full remote conversion will require the throttle, shift, and wiring be converted. Tohatsu has an RC fitting kit for the linkages. You will need the Remote version of the engine harness. The correct box and harness will depend on whether you have tilt and trim, electric start, etc.

tk718

Recruit
it is a tiller electric start with trim/tilt. does the rc box come with the harness for the engine side ? my other nissan motor 18hp had a harness already installed so all I had to do was just plug the two ends. I'm trying to use the rc box from the 18hp setup. Perhaps I need a new rc box? when I look in the manual it is illustrated there should be a harness but it doesn't exist on my motor.

pvanv

Admiral
You need the correct box, correct SRC kit, control cables, and the motor harness.