Parts for older Tohatsu M9.9B 9.9 Horsepower Outboard ?

tohatsu99

Recruit
I have the following 9.9 Outboard motor with the model and serial below. It's an older Tohatsu so the manufacturer couldn't give me the year. Its not easy like finding parts for a OMC engine. Whats the best way to make sure I order the correct parts for the motor?

M9.9B 355H 83091

Thanks for your help
tohatsu99

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Basically it's the same engine as the updated 9.9D2 model, which parts are you interested in ?

Happy Boating

Last edited:

tohatsu99

Recruit
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure exactly what I need just yet. I'm waiting on the seller to get me the remote control box so I can see where I am. So what year would the motor have been manufactured? I can just look at a 9.9D2 parts list and those parts would fit ?

Thanks for your help
tohatsu99

pvanv

Admiral
Year of manufacture is unimportant for servicing a Tohatsu outboard; The model/serial are the critical identifiers. The oldest 9.9 parts catalog I have is from 1986, for the M9.9B2. Odds are your motor is more than 30 years old. Water pump kits are still in production, and interchange with the more recent 2-strokes. Carbs and kits are NLA, so beware that you must keep the carb in perfect order, or you will be pretty much out of luck. The ignition systems are pretty solid (and some ignition parts are also available from the aftermarket), so if yours is running OK, you can likely get by until you have a carb problem.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Looking at the 9.9B2 parts book, find that principle parts such as carb differs from the D2 updated model. The float shape is completely different. Probably these guys still stocks old B2 parts, a matter to inquiry.

Internetoutboards dot com > Parts Book > Download Nissan 9,9D2

Happy Boating