03 bf50a remote to tiller conversion

BrianMc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Need to pick some of you honda guru's brains. Looking for info needed on a project I'm working on. Does anyone know if the 06533-ZW4-H50ZA tiller conversion kit will fit an 03 bf50a? I've seen two different answers in my research so far. Some say it will fit bf50a,A4 and later,but don't specify what yr. bf50a. Others say 04 and later A4's only.

Looking at pics of the kit it looks like it'll bolt up. Same cable ends and harness plug too. Any advice?

hondam

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ive done it, it does work

The reason they say it doesn't work is because the steering friction adjustment will not attach to the front of the motor. The later motors have a little different steering arm that has a protrusion sticking out on either side with 6mm bolt holes through it to attach the front mount friction adjuster that the earlier models do not have. So therefore you will need to still adjust the friction on the little bolt on the side.

BrianMc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ah, I figured that's what that piece was for and wondered how it attached. I'll have to look at the Honda again to find the friction adjuster on the side.

Thanks, hondam