Winterizing Tohatsu 25HP MFS25B FI

bigcountry11

Cadet
Duck season is over, and I want to not only drain the fuel to my 25HP but also want to try to get the fuel out of the high pressure fuel pump to the injectors.

I had to pay 200 dollars this year due to dirty injectors and don't want to have to do that again.

Any suggestions on further winterization for the fuel system?

pvanv

Admiral
We usually drain the vapor separator (and the complete low-pressure side) if storing 30 days or more. You can disconnect the clamps at the fuel inlet connector and the fuel separator (and remove the drain screw in the separator) to do that. The settling bowl can also be removed from the fuel filter to empty it. Don't use high pressure air to help drain, as the pressure could damage the diaphragm in the low-pressure fuel pump.

The high pressure side is sealed, so if storing for just the off season, we typically don't bother disassembling that to drain. However, we do run the motor (before winterizing) with stabilizer, as well as a little TC-W3 2-stroke oil (about 100 or 200:1) in the fuel until the warm-up is complete. Marvel Mystery oil would probably also be OK. The oil will not spoil over one off-season, and helps the injectors stay free for startup next season. At that point, it is also easy to change the oil, filter, and the LU lube, since the fluids are warm.