Flywheel removal

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Will remove the flywheel to check coils and magnets on my b7.5 for piece of mine. I will make up a metal plate to hold the f/w still whilst I undo the nut but what do others do ?

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
well .....i basically put the nut back on and tapped it with a hammer
both primary and ignition coils have readings co i am now going to check the points.
apparently this is not an uncommon fault

pvanv

Admiral
Lucky you. Flywheels have been cracked by doing that. You will be fortunate if you can get points and condenser, apart from used, or an olde tyme dealer, or olde tyme NAPA store.

loiner1965

Petty Officer 3rd Class
That's something I didn't think about as being Honda I though bits would be plenttiful Anyway.......compression is 125 psi in each cylinder and water was found in the thermostat housing minus stat so it proved the engine as been running... I personally believe its the condenser at fault as the points were were really bad but these engines are notorious for a weak spark. Sourced a new condenser here in the uk which was cheap and it's on it's way Points are mega expensive but being Honda they were issued on motorcycles too so I can buy those cheap too Hopefully when these parts arrive it might work.......or just another piece of the jigsaw lol