BF20 Won't Start

twocargar

Recruit
My BF20 has been working great for the last 6 years I've had it. I've replaced the impeller almost yearly, and haven't had any other issue besides that. The other day I had it out on the lake and it suddenly dies when I was headed back in. It just died when I was motoring, and I have not been able to start it since. The engine cranks in the same manner it does if the engine-stop-safety-key is not engaged. That day I forgot my engine-stop-safety-key-lanyard, so I improvised with a pair of forceps I had. It seemed to do the trick, but I wonder if I shorted it out and that's why it won't start. I do find it odd my oil pressure light is not on as well, but wonder if the two are related.
So far I have checked the engine-stop-safety-switch with my multimeter, and it seems to be working. A reading on the meter when the switch has the key in, and no reading when it's out. I've also changed my oil and filter. My plugs are fine, and I'm getting spark. Would a bad oil pressure light cause this? Anyone have any other suggestions?