How to tell what year my Honda B75 is

67ghiaTIV

Cadet
I am getting an old Honda B75 Ser# 3001775 Can someone point me in the right direction to find what year it is etc. Will I be able to still get parts?

Thanks,
Jamie

brownhunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How to tell what year my Honda B75 is

I wish i could help! I'm in the same boat as you! I am trying to figure out the year of my friends outboard with the S# bf75 2012574. His is a Orange and White colored. I think my friends is older than mine, mine is the mostly blue body and white lid. Which I can't get new parts for. His is mostly white body with orange on the lid. Can anyone tell me or us the years of the outboards?

brownhunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry bro looks like no help here! I posted on another site got 20 views and got my question answered vs. over 100 views here! Thanks for the help! I think I learned that unless you have a more common motor this isnt the site to post on! Seems there not many Honda fans and/or Hondas don't break down as much and therefore not many people come here looking for help!

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK....here you go!

I have a B75 as well.....and I just spent maybe a couple of hours looking for what has got to be such a simple piece of information.

Actually...you might not need to know what **YEAR** your engine is....as much as you need to know which "K" code it is. That's what I kept running into when I'd look for parts. All the sites wanted to know if it was a K1, K2, K3. Nowhere on my engine does it seem to say that! But...I **DO** have a serial number.....

Anyway....here's what you want to know:

Attachments

• Honda_Year_Chart.jpg
    Honda_Year_Chart.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 103

brownhunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the chart, is this saying the my friends motor is a 1973 74? All I know is that the motor is 1970 to early 80s. It mite be worth 700 bucks to the right person. But worth more in parts since parts are no longer made.

Last edited:

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Brownhunter....is your friend's motor a B75 or a BF75? The serial number you listed above seems to be a 1973 or 1974 B75...not a BF.

Last edited:

brownhunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Brownhunter....is your friend's motor a B75 or a BF75? The serial number you listed above seems to be a 1973 or 1974 B75...not a BF.

it's b75. Sorry about that!!! So check this out, I do this post and other things to try and help him find out. When I talk to him. He tells me he did research too. He thinks its 8HP and from the late 80s to 90s. His basis of what years its from is his thinking its 8hp. Not the serial # or the fact it's white with a orange lid or that is says 75 on it! He says, (where ever he got his info) that the motor is worth 500 to 650. I wouldn't pay over 300 myself. He didn't care about the facts I told him on the serial # or color or 75, I didnt want to argue either! More power to him if he can sell it! haha