Honda Throttle CAM DashPot Solenoid vs. Check Valve

Boater_TAT

Cadet
To improve the acceleration stability of my Honda 2000 75 Carbureted 4 stroke engine, I have discovered that Honda updated the Diaphragm and dashpot parts in June of 2000. So I am in the process of ordering and swapping out the new parts in an attempt improve the engines acceleration stability.

In doing so, I have discovered in the parts diagrams that for model year 2001, Honda quit using a dashpot Solenoid valve and started using a dashpot check valve in connecting to the diaphragm for extra fuel supply in quick acceleration.

Can someone help me understand the difference in using these components in this setting? (keep in mind the valve is between the fuel diaphragm and back fuel rail.) What is the main difference in a solenoid valve and a check valve? It would appear that they serve the same purpose, but I am not 100% sure....... I am considering taking out the solenoid valve and replacing with the updated check valve (since I am already updating the diaphragm to the new 2001 component.)

Thanks in advance!!!