Honda 2hp Wont start need info to purchase parts :)

Hello, I know this is an annoying question...sorry.

Just bought a 2hp Honda outboard, short shaft. I purchased it knowing that it was a project "needs carb cleaned". I tried all my normal tricks that seem to work on outboards before actually having to clean the carb. This one didn't want to do anything but sputter for 2 seconds and die. I removed the bowl and the top of the carb trying to avoid taking the whole thing apart but didn't have any luck.

My question: How in the world do I find the model# or year so I can locate the carb parts list for this outboard? It is serial # BAES-1216852. I am fairly certain it is a pre 1997 water cooled version. I want to price a new carb and view a parts list incase I need anything inside there during a rebuild.

Sorry for the typical "what year is it" question but I spent at least 3 hours searching and found nothing :(

Thanks for any assistance! :embarassed:

isaksp00

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Honda 2hp Wont start need info to purchase parts :)

Try searching for the various sites that sell "Honda outboard parts" (including probably this one) and see if they have a help line for purchasers - I would assume they could help you align the serial number with whatever you have to choose to search for parts.