Honda 8hp Bf8 Water Getting into the Motor Oil??? Help! Update....

pwilke

Petty Officer 3rd Class
OK, new head gasket and O-ring inbetween block and head. I had the lower unit & tower off and ran a plastic hose line of water through the motor water intake for about an hour, (without the motor running) water was coming out of the exhaust and water hole check, after an hour no water got into the oil. I then ran the motor shortly, no water in oil. Then ran it till it warmed up, To make a long story short it looks like after the motor warms up and the thermostat opens and the water goes through all of its paths water gets into the oil, Can this narrow down the Problem as to where the water is coming from?? Starts on 1st pull and runs great. Its an 8hp BACL-1001299, I beleive its a 1991 model. I do have a Honda shop manual coming but don't have it yet, the seloc manual isn't much help, it even said you could pull the oil pan without pullin the powerhead but by looking at it I don't think so, (solid metal below the oil pan).. it would be nice to see a diagram of the water travel path. Just not to familiar with these 4 stroke motors, have always had 2 stroke's. Thanks for any input on this.