Honda BF115A Cooling Issue

Newbie here. Got a pontoon with a 2008 Honda BF115 (330 hrs). On the lake for an hour all throttle settings. Noticed no cooling water coming out...none. Engine ran another 20 minutes up to 3000rpm to get home. No overheat warning or throttle cutbacks....ran fine....just no "pee water" . I know I need to go back and check for a clogged intake. Other suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Honda BF115A Cooling Issue

Update: I found out that the "tell tale" water discharge port is easily clogged on the BF115. All that is necessary is to clean it out with a paperclip or bobby pin when it stops flowing. Even though water stops flowing from the "tell Tale", if all else is OK, you still have cooling water to the engine. I'm learning something every day.

jjohnson120

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've had this same issue, sorry I didn't see this earlier. Mine always seems to be getting small debris in it, but like you said as long as the alarm isn't going off, you shouldn't be in danger. I still recommend keeping an eye on it though.

gonzhonda

Recruit

I usually pull the hose where it exits the engine, and be sure it is clear from there to the exit hole of the cowling.