Fuel additive/gas treatment

Fronterra

Seaman Apprentice
I just picked up a 2007 Honda 8 HP, 4 stroke. What type, if any, fuel additive/gas treatment would you recommend for the engine. Thanks in advance for the help.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fuel additive/gas treatment

If you leave it in storage for any length of time Marine StaBil.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I agree with the above. As long as you're using it on a fairly regular basis, you don't need any additives. For storage, use a a fuel stabilizer. What brand? We all have our favorites and personal opinions.

Fronterra

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the replies. Right now I am using it about once a week on the weekends, once I store it for the winter I will definitely use Stabil. This forum is still the best....thanks

JOSEPHC

Cadet

I just picked up a 2007 Honda 8 HP, 4 stroke. What type, if any, fuel additive/gas treatment would you recommend for the engine. Thanks in advance for the help.

I have had good success using Techron plus a stabilizer in the gas....my Nissan 6hp 4-str are sensitive/finicky as are the majority of 4-str engines when it comes to carborator fouling....run dry after each use...worth the extra effort to avoid the dreaded carborator cleaning/rebuild....

gm280

Supreme Mariner

I find it actually quite funny that at some gas stations now they advertise on their little computer screens, as you are making the selections for fuel, their latest fuel additive that will clean your fuel injectors and make your engine run sooo smooth. Of course that option to add their fuel cure-all remedy only cost you $6.99 extra while fueling up. So that makes your fuel economy go through the roof...:facepalm: The best additive to any engine is normal usage and scheduled maintenance...period!!! :D