2006 honda 8hp oil filter

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
where the heck is it? nothing in the manual about it? just how to change the oil. Is it something that i even want to tackle or let a dealer do it? Also anybody know what size it takes? you would think all this stuff would be in manual

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2006 honda 8hp oil filter

According to my shop manual, it's on the same side as the dip stick, just about underneath it, on the bottom of the engine, about where the bottom of the dipstick would be. I'm just trying to get mine going for the year too, just bought an old one last Jan. I'm still not smart enough to get the water mouth attached.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

I think this is a honda engineers better idea to make money for their service departments. #9 right down at the bottom says it's an oil filter, but the question is how to get to it. I'm leaving mine at least for now. O and the 7.5, 8, 9.9, and 10 hp are all the same in my shop manual dated 2012 from Honda motor co. I can't seem to scan the page any better. Had to get my wife to do this.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 0

salmonite

Petty Officer 2nd Class

looks like we would have to pop off the lower cowl... ugh

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

I'm figuring I'll just not change until it gives me problems, or someone smarter than me responds. Course I just purchased mine in either Dec or Jan and haven't had time to see which of my figures are good and bad yet with it.