Please help ID year for 9.9 hp Honda

Valley Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just purchased a Honda 9.9 (BF9.9A ? 03DAJJ25 also found is BABL 1204694). Owner wasn?t sure of the year, he thought he purchased new in 2004. The first id above was taken of the bracket and the second was taken off the block. Does any of this link to a specific model year?
This Honda 9.9.jpg is my first non-OMC outboard in 50 years of boating and I'm in unchartered waters!

IAMCDN

Recruit
Re: Please help ID year for 9.9 hp Honda

I just purchased a Honda 9.9 (BF9.9A ? 03DAJJ25 also found is BABL 1204694). Owner wasn?t sure of the year, he thought he purchased new in 2004. The first id above was taken of the bracket and the second was taken off the block. Does any of this link to a specific model year?
This View attachment 190014 is my first non-OMC outboard in 50 years of boating and I'm in unchartered waters!

I have same question about my 8HP. I thought it was a 2006 because of the sticker on it that actually is only referring to 2006 emissions.

I think it is a 99 o 2001.

Serial is BACL1213914

Thanks from Toronto.

Valley Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Anyone out there with an answer to determine the year of my 9.9? I want to insure the motor and I need the model year for the policy. Thanks in advance.

Valley Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Still looking for some ID help. Only response is a hijacker!!!

IAMCDN

Recruit

Still looking for some ID help. Only response is a hijacker!!!

I asked the service guy at our local Honda shop. Gave him the serial #. He said there was a recall of the flywheel and so that is now replaced. $0

I have a 1999.

steely51

Seaman Apprentice

In my research for finding year models of Honda outboards, I came across some info that stated Honda considered it unnecessary to know the year of their engines, and that any year of manufacture info was only available on engines newer than 1999. I have come to the opinion that Honda does not even care if you know how to order the right part for your engine. The serial number on the motor bracket means nothing, the decal on the motor cover is about as good as it gets but then you have to add a BF or some other 1 or 2 letter prefix , and you might have a d-1 d-2,or d-3.. and some other combination of sufixs'

Valley Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That explains the low response to my question.

FYI - my mechanic did some checking and found out that the motor is a 1997. Mystery solved.

Valley Boater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That explains the low response to my question.

FYI - my mechanic did some checking and found out that the motor is a 1997. Mystery solved.