Honda OEM portable tank replacement cap?

track29

Recruit
You know that clear (now yellowed and cracked) plastic over the gauge that is in the portable fuel tank cap? Am I searching wrongly or is it just not possible to buy replacements? Cannot find them anywhere.

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Honda OEM portable tank replacement cap?

You did not mention motor model, nor tank vintage or capacity. If you have a red plastic Scepter tank with the vent screw in the cap (I think most older Honda tanks are that type), you can use any Scepter cap... including the one for the Tohatsu tanks (which will be less expensive than the "Honda" brand cap). Some fuel mixes will deteriorate the clear plastic faster than others. Post a picture, and we may be able to match it up for you. If you have a pre-EPA Scepter 3-gallon tank, the correct cap (with vent and gauge) is 3B2700501M, FUEL GAUGE VENTED CAP, 3 GAL TANK, $21.30, Or, if it's a pre-EPA Scepter 25-liter tank, you would want 3C7700501M, FUEL GAUGE VENTED CAP, 6 GAL TANK, $20.48... available from any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer including me... Or you can order a cap from your Honda dealer.