honda 9.9 water problem

zazzzoom

Recruit
i just got a honda 9.9, i got it running but it keeps jumping out of gear , took it apart but nothing look wrong but i bought the foward and reverse gear and the clutch gear hopefully that will work,

but the water, the engine was bone dry the water tube it just sitting in the bottom of the engine is there supposed to be a rjubber bushing holding it in there

isaksp00

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: honda 9.9 water problem

Not sure what you mean by the "bottom of the engine." On the 8HP Honda, the bottom end water tube is visible when you remove the lower leg, and fits into the top of the impeller pump. On mine, there is a rubber (or maybe plastic?) bushing that connects the water tube - I initially put my lower unit back on and didn't have the tube properly in the bushing, and of course no cooling water. So if yours lacks the bushing, I assume the water would never make it up the tube.

zazzzoom

Recruit
Re: honda 9.9 water problem

Not sure what you mean by the "bottom of the engine." On the 8HP Honda, the bottom end water tube is visible when you remove the lower leg, and fits into the top of the impeller pump. On mine, there is a rubber (or maybe plastic?) bushing that connects the water tube - I initially put my lower unit back on and didn't have the tube properly in the bushing, and of course no cooling water. So if yours lacks the bushing, I assume the water would never make it up the tube.

thanks

there was another hole next to the exhaust