Tohatsu 6HP (2013 model year) fuel hose connector, which one?

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer
Can someone please point me to a link online where I can buy the motor-side fuel line connector for a 2013 Tohatsu 6HP motor?

I found one that said all Mercury 1998 and later, and since the Tohatsu 6HP is the same as the Mercury 6HP I thought this would fit, but it did not. I ordered a different one that said all Tohatsu on the box, but it looks like a Honda style to me. A big thank you to anyone who can post a link to the connector that will work for sure! :)

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu 6HP (2013 model year) fuel hose connector, which one?

The Tohatsu 2-pin engine side connectors (used on all Tohatsu/Nissan 4-strokes) interchange with the newer Merc 4-strokes, as well as the newer Yamaha 4-strokes.

The Male fuel connector - Engine side is the connector that is installed on the motor itself. Part # 394702600M (MSRP): $23.52

The Female fuel connector - Engine side is the connector that is installed on the fuel hose that connects to the motor. Part # 3GR702500M (MSRP): $21.39

These are available from any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer, including me. You can drop me an email at the office: paul@obersheimersails.com, and I'll be happy to help you.

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, I appreciate you taking time to answer and I will take you up on your offer. Do you have an online store? I'll email.

pvanv

Admiral

Thanks, I appreciate you taking time to answer and I will take you up on your offer. Do you have an online store? I'll email.
Too many different parts to catalog for a full online store, but we can help you directly by email. I'll be in the office on Wednesday.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

You can buy the fittings online here.

mcsmith

Recruit

I believe the Sierra 18-80410 cross references to the Tohatsu part number.

pvanv

Admiral

I believe the Sierra 18-80410 cross references to the Tohatsu part number.
Any Tohatsu, Nissan, modern Mercury, or Yamaha female 4-stroke connector will fit the motor. Then you need to match up the hose diameter. The aftermarket connector in question is not up to current EPA standards. As a dealer, I stick with OEM parts.

If you want the piece that is physically bolted to the motor, get the Tohatsu part.