Converting Nissan NS25C from remote steer to tiller steer

tohatsu9.9guy

Seaman Apprentice
What has to be done to convert a NS25C from remote steer to tiller steer? Also, would parts from a NS18c, such as tiller handle, work on the 25c or be of any use to the conversion? Looking at buying a motor off a pontoon and putting it on my 1542 duck boat. Thanks.

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Converting Nissan NS25C from remote steer to tiller steer

I am in the process of converting a 25C from tiller to remote, so in a couple of weeks, I will have all the old used parts left over. Drop me an email at the office: paul@obersheimersails.com, and I can help you with your conversion to tiller. There are a lot of small parts involved.

Bronlonius

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Converting Nissan NS25C from remote steer to tiller steer

What has to be done to convert a NS25C from remote steer to tiller steer? Also, would parts from a NS18c, such as tiller handle, work on the 25c or be of any use to the conversion? Looking at buying a motor off a pontoon and putting it on my 1542 duck boat. Thanks.

I just converted my ns9.9d from remote to tiller, and used a tiller handle from a 25hp... I'd double check the part numbers, but the 18's handle will probably interchange.

The handle itself is harder to find, all of the other parts you need are small linkage, etc. are readily available... But I'd take up Paul's offer if you can, that way you know you'll get everything you'll need.