1993 Honda BF45A Lower Unit

Fishnzone

Recruit
I have a Honda 1993 BF45A the lower unit is severely damaged and the I believe it can not be repaired. Where can I purchase or locate a replacement motor or lower unit. Or are there any shops that rebuild the lower units? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
This is my first post.

Fishnzone

Recruit
Re: 1993 Honda BF45A Lower Unit

I have a Honda 1993 BF45A the lower unit is severely damaged and the I believe it can not be repaired. Where can I purchase or locate a replacement motor or lower unit. Or are there any shops that rebuild the lower units? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. What other years or models are interchangable with the one I have .Also where can I locate a real service manual on this engine?
This is my first post.

Thank You

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

There is no reason that in Fla that you ca'nt find a repair shop that will fix this or find you a replacement.What is the nature of the failure?This is a reasonabbly simple gearcase and you are in a place that should'nt make things difficult.A manual is nice to have around but wo'nt help you much in this circumstance as you will need a bunch of shimming tools depending on the damage done.

Fishnzone

Recruit

Thank you so much. The gears are frozen solid and the housing is broken. I could not locate a replacement for this particular model ( BF45A ) ? I am just going to sell it for parts and hopefully find a good deal on a similar motor.

Thank You