Honda 75 2006 four stroke Carb Issues? Gas?

ronksmith

Recruit
First off hello to all. My 75 Honda has been acting up. Idles perfectly, runs wide open fine. But when you come from idle with more throttle to get up to plane there is all kinds of spitting and sputtering, sometimes stalling.
-New fuel lines, water separator, gas is always fresh
-Paid a marine mechanic $500. to rebuild the carbs (he comes and gets the boat on a trailer and hauls back to his place and returns it, not a bad deal). Engine ran fine for about two weeks, the exact same problem happened again. He gave me the answer that ethanol was ruining boat engines and he'd have to do the carbs again. So, I asked him, so every 3 to 4 weeks I get to pay you $500. to repair the carbs on my engine so I can boat smoothly. After I got done laughing at him, I hung up the phone on him. I live on a lake full time with about 500 boat owners. Somehow most of their boats run fine without the $500. carb repair every 3 to 4 weeks.

I would really love your take on this and see if I can find a better solution to my problem. Thank you for your help, happy boating. :)