Honda BF75 problem

JackCB

Cadet
I have a 1996 Honda BF75. It has been running great and I use only non ethanol fuel, 10 micron filter. I was heading out today for the last nice day prior to putting away. When at the dock I noticed the fuel ball did not firm up as much as normal but did not think much more about it . Started up and only got 50 yards down the canal when it began running rough then stalled. I got it started again but for only a minute. The fuel bulb would not firm up and my suspicion was a lack of fuel that was causing the problem. Got back to the dock, on the trailer and home. I could use some advice on what to look for. I noticed when squeezing the ball that there was a barely noticeable air type noise on the carb side of the engine but could not pin point the exact location. The bulb just won't harden up as mentioned. Would appreciate any thoughts on what to look for.

I edited this post because, after sleeping on the problem, I am thinking it may not be the engine at all but a fuel delivery problem. The only thing prior to the issue was remove the water separator to look for water, refill with fuel and put back on. Perhaps the noise I hear at the engine is just air being forced thru the carbs. There is no obvious fuel leak near the separator. What else could cause this?

JackCB

Cadet
Re: Honda BF75 problem

I am going to replace the fuel line from the end of the water separator to the motor and see if that enables me to pump up the bulb. I disconnected the engine side and still can't pump bulb hard. I also will replace the inline fuel bulb since it is from 1996. Is it worth it paying the extra for a Honda brand bulb?