NISSAN 80hp losing power

bigheaded5

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im trying to help a friend...his NISSAN was running strong, but after getting new gas it suddenly lost power and died. He lives far away form me, so its hard to get there myself to look into it. he says it runs ok out of the water when he gives it throttle, it wont idle long and as soon as it goes into gear, it dies. Again, sounds like textbook BAD GAS to me.

I obviously suggested he get NEW fuel, check the fuel lines, bulb and connectors...sounds to me like hes got bad gas or pulling air into the system. Someone else told him it sounds like coil packs... I dont have any experience with them myself, but he says he has spark on all 3 cyl.....

any ideas/

pvanv

Admiral
Re: NISSAN 80hp losing power

Nissan 80? I don't think so. Coil pack on a Tohatsu/Nissan? I don't think so.

What is the actual model/serial?

pvanv

Admiral

Nissan doesn't make an 80. Likewise, Tohatsu powerheads in that size don't use "coil packs". If you tell us more information, we may be able to help. Start by determining the actual model and serial of the motor.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Im trying to help a friend...his NISSAN was running strong, but after getting new gas it suddenly lost power and died. He lives far away form me, so its hard to get there myself to look into it. he says it runs ok out of the water when he gives it throttle, it wont idle long and as soon as it goes into gear, it dies. Again, sounds like textbook BAD GAS to me.

I obviously suggested he get NEW fuel, check the fuel lines, bulb and connectors...sounds to me like hes got bad gas or pulling air into the system. Someone else told him it sounds like coil packs... I dont have any experience with them myself, but he says he has spark on all 3 cyl.....

any ideas/

Insufficient information and obviously incorrect information prevents any kind of help. The model and serial number pinpoints what the engine actually is and gives us a starting point to help you determine whether or not you need to take it to a dealer or not.